How we treat plantar fasciitis at the Guelph Naturopathic Medical Clinic
Guelph Naturopathic Medical Clinic has a team of healthcare practioners that can help relieve your plantar fasciitis including naturopathic doctors, massage therapist and an osteopath.
The cause of plantar fasciitis can vary from one person to the next. Therefore, there’s no “one treatment fits all”. Although drugs and surgery can help decrease the pain they do not address the underlying cause. We understand that every person is unique and requires their own individual treatment plan. Our approach to treating plantar fasciitis includes:
- Acupuncture – Our naturopaths have extensive training in acupuncture. Research shows acupuncture improves plantar fasciitis.
- Physical Medicine – Our osteopath performs adjustments, recommend exercises and stretches to help recovery. Also the naturopaths recommend hydrotherapy treatments you can perform at home.
- Weight loss – Being over-weight increase the risk of plantar fasciitis. Our naturopaths provide weight loss plans and coaching.
- Anti-inflammatory diet – Plantar fasciitis involves inflammation. Diet has a profound affect on inflammation in the body. Specific foods and herbs can safely decrease inflammation and reduce the need for drugs.
- Stress Management – Although stress is not the primary cause of plantar fasciitis, it can aggravate and precipitate episodes. Stress management may help decrease the frequency and severity.
- Massage – We have several massage therapists that can decrease muscle tension involved in plantar fasciitis and also promote over-all relaxation.
We can help treat your plantar fasciitis in Guelph
Our team of healthcare practioners are trained to relieve your plantar fasciitis. We recommend seeing our naturopathic doctor first so that they can evaluate your case and determine the best treatment approach for you.
Dr. Matt Gowan, BSc, ND
Dr. Matt Gowan is a Guelph naturopathic doctor with over 15 years of clinical experience treating a variety of conditions including plantar fasciitis. Before becoming a naturopath, he completed his undergraduate in biochemistry and worked in pharmaceutical research. Also Matt completed additional training in “Medical Acupuncture” at McMaster Unviersity. He has published numerous research papers and textbooks and has won several awards for his achievements. In addition to treating his patients in Guelph, he teaches herbal medicine and pharmacology at the Candian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) in Toronto.
Dr. Vicky Weiler, BSc, ND
Dr. Vicky Weiler, BSc, ND is a naturopathic doctor born and raised in Guelph. She has over 12 years of experience helping patients with a variety of condition including hormonal imbalances, food sensitivities, weight loss, and migraines. In addition, she is the mother of two young children.
Disclaimer: This content is subject to change. The information is intended to inform and educate; it does not replace the medical evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a healthcare professional. © 2018 Guelph Naturopathic Medical Clinic. All rights reserved.